After setting up WDS along with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), I went ahead and got all my task sequences setup to automate the OS deployment process. I found that when I tried to check the monitoring status of the deployments, I ran into the error “Unable to access to monitoring data service at http://yourComputerName:9801/MDTMonitorData. Make Sure The MDT Monitoring Service Is Running.
A couple of steps I did to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check if local firewall ports 9800 and 9801 are enabled
- Go to http://localhost:9801/MDTMonitorData and see if page loads
The fix for me ironically enough was turning it off, and turning it back on again.
Fix MDT Monitoring Service not Running
Here are the steps to fix the “Make Sure The MDT Monitoring Service Is Running” error.
- Open the MDT Console
- Right click your MDT Deployment -> Properties
- Go to Monitoring tab
- Uncheck Enable monitoring for this deployment share and click Apply
- Check Enable monitoring for this deployment share and click Apply
- Click OK and exit out of the properties
As mentioned, that actually worked for me so if you still continue to have issues leave a comment down below and we can go from there.
Finally, be sure to check out our theSysadminChannel YouTube Page for more awesome video content and sysadmin related stuff.